Friday, May 7, 2010

About me...

This is me


I was born in 1957 in Garden City, Michigan. I was the last child, #7, born to my parents, Don & Dorothy Robertson.



I have 6 older siblings; 4 sisters and 2 brothers. In fact, my siblings are so much older than me that the youngest is 10 years older and the eldest is 17 years older.













Sisters; left to right: Judy, Donna, Betty, Leona













Brothers, left to right: John, Don

I was an Aunt at the age of 3 and had so many nieces and nephews that I have lost count. Many of my nieces and nephews were raised with me and they felt like my siblings, whereas my siblings were much like additional parents. Needless to say, I was very spoiled....if my parents couldn't/wouldn't give it to me, my siblings provided. As I got older, I was the perfect baby sitter for my nieces/nephews. Sometimes I chose to watch them (I got paid $.50 per hour) but most of the time I was coerced into watching them for "free". I swore, after watching so many, that I was never going to be a parent....time changes things, however....this is a story for a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment