Friday, May 7, 2010

Beck Road


Beck Road
Plymouth (now Canton), Michigan

The second house that I ever lived in was located on the gravel/dirt Beck Road. This was a dilapidated old house that looked much like it should be condemned. I do not know why the family moved here, perhaps because they outgrew the little house on Ford Road. I don't have much memory of this house, only stories that I am not sure that I remember or that they were told to me about the place. This is me in the front yard of the house.




Here are some other pics of Beck Road

















This old house - a poem:

As I passed by that ragged old house

The shingles all rotten and battered,
Most of the windows were still in their places
But some were all broken and shattered.

The owners moved out a long time ago,
And the old house is there all alone.
The grass is all dead the porch broken down
And the weeds, oh how they have grown.

The curtains were torn the pictures all crooked
The mattresses were old and rotten,
There were memories in this old house
Memories that were somehow forgotten.

This house that is ragged battered and worn
And its hinges all rusted and old,
Belonged to my parents way back then
This ragged old house I was told.












I remember going by this house before they tore it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment